At the end of each school year, teachers are asked to submit nominations per grade level for students who performed outstandingly. The student should not be selected solely based on academic merit. Their character, leadership skills, communication skills and actions outside of the classroom in sports, extracurricular activities, leadership roles, events and collaborating with others should be taken into account.
The scholarship is a 50% discount for the following year.
- The student needs to have attended CIA PP for at least one full academic school year. Exceptions can be made for students who have enrolled a month or two late and teachers feel is very deserving.
- The nominated student cannot have won the scholarship in previous years.
- The nominated student cannot have a sibling who has won the scholarship in previous years.
- The student should demonstrate attainment of School-wide Learner Outcomes (SLOs).
School-wide Learner Outcomes (SLOs)
|Students will be able to independently use their learning to:
- Communicate effectively for a wide variety of purposes and audiences within and across cultures.
- Use and understand existing technology and adapt to new technology in order to enhance productivity, creativity and communication.
- Collaborate with others successfully, including those who differ from themselves.
- Mitigate conflict and misunderstandings by empathising with others of differing world views.
- Comprehend, synthesize and analyse complex information to further understanding and apply and share it in an ethical manner.
- Critically appraise information for validity and reliability.
- Make informed decisions after analyzing situations from multiple perspectives.
- Evaluate social systems in terms of their effectiveness and ability to serve the needs of all people.
- Explain phenomena, formulate and test hypotheses based on empirical evidence and axioms, and critique findings to further understanding, solve problems and make recommendations for further inquiry.
- Identify complex problems and formulate, justify and apply solutions.
- Convey appreciation of the arts, sciences and the beauty of the natural world.
- Reflect on their attitudes and learning, recognize and develop effective strategies, and set achievable personal and academic goals.