“Respect self and others, Respect your environment”
The code of conduct for students at CIA PP International School has been formulated to fit within the school’s guidelines and regulations.
We recognize that our school should provide all children with a safe and orderly learning environment that meets the needs of our children at all levels of their school life.
The code of conduct is based upon the following principles:
- All children have the right to be safe.
- All children have the right to work and play without interference.
- All children are required to be polite, courteous and well mannered.
- All children will be encouraged to exhibit pride in their school.
- Teachers should expect to be able to teach in an atmosphere of order and cooperation.
There are five basic school rules. Students are encouraged to:
1. Move and play safely.
2. Care for yourself, others and property.
3. Resolve problems calmly, sensibly and fairly.
4. Respect others through your speech and manners.
5. Work as well as you can and allow others to do the same.
Early each year, teachers will establish a set of classroom rules for their own classes that are consistent with the whole school rules.
Approach to discipline
Our school believes that student self discipline and personal responsibility are developed by adopting strategies which:
- Foster a good self-image.
- Encourage friendship between students.
- Encourage tolerance and sharing among all children.
- Develop respect and acknowledge differences.
- Are consistent and fair in applying logical forms of discipline.
- Give positive reinforcement to improve self-esteem.
- Acknowledge student achievements in the weekly newsletter and at assemblies.
- Encourage understanding and awareness of the school rules.
Breaches of school rules will incur some penalty or action. Those penalties or actions will be a logical consequence of the misbehavior, some consequences may include:
- Discussion and warning.
- Repetition of a given task to an acceptable standard.
- Deprivation of privileges
- Being referred to the principal
- CIA PP International School discipline procedures possibly leading to suspension or expulsion.